Dementia/Alzheimers/Cancer and Chronic Illness
Dealing with the daily demands of chronic illness like dementia, Parkinson's Disease, Stroke Recovery, undergoing cancer treatment or depression can be difficult, particularly when family live a distance away, are unwell or have other commitments.
Angels in Aprons’ qualified carers provide a complete personal care service to support people with chronic illness to live engaged lives with maximum independence and enjoyment.
Our team has the specialised training and experience to care for people with Dementia, adapting warmly and responsibly to clients changing needs.
We provide the one-on-one care and attention that helps minimise confusion and frustration, especially in unfamiliar surroundings like when visiting hospital.
We understand when you or your loved one has dementia, meal times can be a challenge. It can be easy to get distracted and lose your eating skills. We will cook and eat with you, ensuring you stay well nourished and enjoy the familiar smells and sensory experiences of preparing and eating a meal.
Our Angels will also provide support with your everyday activities as you need it, including encouraging and assisting you with your exercises, helping with personal care and assistance getting to appointments and getting out and about to stay connected with your friends and community.
We understand things can change quickly when you have a chronic illness and we are flexible and responsive to your changing and often complex needs.
We ensure the same smiling face is there to provide support and security from as little as 1 hour to 24/7.
Services We Offer
- Whatever you would like us to do to keep your home running smoothly and make your life more comfortable.
- Companionship (home/hospital/nursing home)
- Laundry Services
- Home Care while you are recovering
- Registered Nurse services
- Qualified Personal Carers (certificate 3 in aged care)
- Medication Prompting
- Cooking/preparing meals
- Personal Care - shower, dressing etc. (ADL's)
- Accompany you to and from the doctor's/specialists appointments
- Domestic support (light cleaning to a full spring clean)
- Grocery/Personal shopping
- Pick up prescriptions
- Day Surgery
- Overnight stays
- 24 hour care (from 1 hr to 24/7)
- Respite Care
- Palliative Care
- Running errands
- Watering garden/plants
- Collect your mail
- Visually impaired assistance