Angels in Aprons understands the special pressures facing carers.
A strong support network is essential, but it can be impossible to find time to develop or maintain your social network, care for your own medical and health needs, and even attend to everyday tasks without regular respite.
We are proud to complement our comprehensive suite of home and hospital care and support services with a flexible and professional short-term, emergency and overnight respite care service for carers of people with Alzheimer's and dementia , mental illness, Parkinson's Disease and other chronic illnesses.
Our respite care staff have Certificate III qualifications in Aged Care, current First Aid qualifications and a commitment to providing caring, responsive, discrete and professional support, tailored specifically to suit your needs - moving at your pace.
Services we offer:
- Whatever you would like us to do to keep your home running smoothly and make your life more comfortable
- Regular in-home respite for carers of older people and carers of people with disabilities.
- Transport to and support at hospital and medical appointments for people receiving care, to allow carers time
- Respite for older parent carers
- Emergency respite when carers become ill or incapacitated
- 1 hour to 24 hour care (overnight or day care)
- Personal care - showering, dressing, (all ADL's)
- Cook and prepare meals
- Medication Prompting
- Registered Nurse services
- Qualified Personal Carers (certificate 3 in aged care)
- Domestic support (light cleaning to a full spring clean)
- Grocery/Personal shopping
- Pick up prescriptions
- Day Surgery